We have been working on building dispute litigation cases in Perth and elsewhere in Western Australia for over 20 years. We handle both residential and commercial building disputes.
Our lawyers can assist with a variety of building disputes:
- Work Delays
- Workmanship problems
- Breaches of contract
- Payment disputes
- Variation disputes
- Access Issues
We can assist by:
- Liasing with the other party;
- Offering advice and guidance and responding to complaints;;
- Drafting preliminary notice and Building Commission complaints’
- Liaising with the Building Commission;
- Representation in the State Administrative Tribunal and Courts.
Building dispute procedures
We usually strive to settle building disputes through mediation. Mediation is usually the best way to settle a building dispute, avoiding tribunal hearings and courtrooms. Mediation is a fairly straightforward process in which the parties and their lawyers meet with an objective mediator who will work through the case with a view to finding a suitable solution.